cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Alessandro Preziosi (licnep)" <lsnprezi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: firing more ontouchmove javascript events on android? Higher resolution / precision for ontouchmove?
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 23:30:13 GMT
>Either way I bet if the events were buffered we could get better
>resolution which would be a win ---- I think Joe was looking at
>something similar last year.
Yea that'd be great, (android already batches touch events itself
(MotionEvent.getHistoricalX(int,int)) )

>Can we get more information on this issue? For example, which version
>of Android are you trying this out on? That might help explain what's
>going on with touch events, since the issue I was finding was with
>multitouch going in as two single touches on Android 2.x, not the
>performance of the touches being passed to WebKit.
I'm testing on an android 2.3.6 (galaxy s plus), but i've tried on
other phones too. (btw, i think you're right about multi touch events
and android 2.x going as a single touch). and I'm currently using
cordova 2.0.0.

There's also something strange in how the webview updates during touch
events. For example, i have animated a loading icon (using
window.setInterval), and if you touch the screen during the animation
it freezes, it is not updated anymore, it only starts moving again
when you lift your finger...