cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject Re: Recent Change to CordovaWebView and DroidGap
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:13:41 GMT

Can you file a bug in JIRA against this commit so we can track it?  I
didn't realize that this would break anything significant.  I've
already modified it so that it should be fixed.  The problem that I
have with this is that now that we have two places to check for the
proper WebViewClient instead of one.  The bug that this is fixing is
the issue with our WebHistory.  CB-1568.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Bryce Curtis <> wrote:
> Joe,
> The commit
> changes the signature of a public method
> -    public void init(CordovaWebView webView, CordovaWebViewClient
> webViewClient, CordovaChromeClient webChromeClient) {
> +    public void init(CordovaWebView webView, CordovaChromeClient
> webChromeClient) {
> which breaks any app that extends DroidGap & calls init with their own
> view and chrome clients.
> We really need this support, so could you please revert.
> What is the bug that this was addressing - and maybe there's another
> way to solve it?  Let me know if Simon or I can help.
> Thanks,
> Bryce

View raw message