cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iOS changes in 2.2.0
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:18:44 GMT
Here is the post. Am I missing anything Android devs? Yes, I stole the
first 3 directly from Shaz.

1. FileTransfer API changes

Added support for the onprogress event to get progress events for a
FileTransfer operation
Added the abort function to cancel a FileTransfer operation

See the API doc.

2. Graduated the Globalization plugin to core

This plugin was previously in the phonegap-plugins repo (BB WebWorks
5, iOS, Android). The globalization object obtains information and
performs operations specific to the user’s locale and timezone.

See the API doc.

3. Splashscreen API

The Splashscreen API is now formally documented for iOS and Android.

4. Android JavaScript to Java bridge improvements
The callback server is gone.
Uses events to specify when a result it ready.
Defaults to polling if all else fails.
Up to 25 times faster.
5. Partial support for video tag

We've been able to shim in support for the video tag. See my earlier
blog post for more details.

6. Hardware acceleration is enabled by default

When you run bin/create to make a new PhoneGap Android project then
android:hardwareAccelerated is set to true by default on the main
activity.

See Android docs for an explanation of hardware acceleration.

7. useBrowserHistory now defaults to true

We've deprecated the current way that history is handled in Android
apps in favour of the default way it is handled in the web view. To go
back a page you should be using history.back(). If you need to enable
the old way to handle history you can set useBrowserHistory to false
in config.xml.

8. Introduce CordovaPlugin class

CordovaPlugin will be replacing the Plugin class for extending
PhoneGap functionality. It adds a new execute method public boolean
execute(String action, String rawArgs, CallbackContext
callbackContext) to enable developers passing large amounts of data to
the native side provide their own JSON parser.

9. Various bug fixes
Back and Menu button events now fire if the cursor is inside a text view.
Fixed a path where the whitelist was not being checked in DroidGap.
FileTransfer.download now supports the trustAllHosts option to allow
downloading from servers with self signed certificates.
Removed trailing space from contact.name.formatted.
Properly set contact's IM type.
navigator.language is now set properly when the language is switched
in Android settings.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald