cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@google.com>
Subject [ios] Evaluating JS during onAppWillResignActive
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:29:17 GMT
Local Notifications, especially on ios, are most useful when app is in
the background.  It would be handy to be able to schedule them during
the window of time allotted during onAppWillResignActive.

We even already have handlers for js document events 'resign' and
'pause' (this one is for a
onAppDidEnterBackground event).  (There are some issues with the
javascript here, seems the events aren't properly defined, will file
separately).

However, no matter how I try, I cannot get more then a trivial amount
of js to execute during the time window before app pauses -- far less
than the allowed 5 seconds.

According to the only (unreliable) source I've found on the subject,
its simply not possible to use the webview during
onAppWillResignActive:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4865742/iphone-webview-onbackground-event

Does anyone have a better answer here?

Thanks,