cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iOS: Why does the cordova.js filename change?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 20:22:57 GMT
On iOS, the cordova.js used to (inertia really because of the legacy
location) be in the CordovaLib folder, and also the template. Since it
was redundant, we only put it in the default template in
bin/templates/project now.

Even this is not ideal with respect to people upgrading and using it
as an embedded WebView -- to grab the new .js they have to create a
new project (or spelunk into the bin/templates folder). Ideally it
should be put back also into CordovaLib because the .js is tightly
coupled to a specific CordovaLib library and version, and for easy
discovery. Don't know what the ideal situation can be here.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Kevin Hawkins <khawkins@salesforce.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apologies if/that I've missed this discussion previously.  I'm not clear on why the cordova.js
file name changes in the iOS repo, particularly given the fact that great lengths seem to
have been taken everywhere to be agnostic about what the originating name is, opting to dynamically
update the destination name in build scripts, template generation, etc.?

> Changing the originating file name with each new iteration/revision of Cordova makes
it hard to follow its history on GitHub (though it's easy enough locally with git log and
--follow), and just generally seems unnecessary.