cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bumping up iOS support to 4.3 from 4.2
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 04:48:58 GMT
I don't think there is a "stance" against Objective-C++.

Namely my thinking is, perhaps contributions could suffer? Probably
most of the committers know C++, but this might deter contribs from
people that do not know C++ -- to fix something, or contrib something
new to a core plugin that already uses C++. Often these are web
developers that are already having challenges with Objective-C.

Having said that, I have no objection to using Objective-C++.

There's only a few restrictions for Objective-C++:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective-C#Objective-C.2B.2B

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
> More seriously though, I have a c++ background and find the new clang
> features appealing.  Not sure that this is warranted, but what is the
> stance on objective c++?
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>> I don't get it shaz, are you concatenating strings inside a function
>> block there?
>>
>> [NSDictionary ....5000 words...nil]]]]]; is sooooo much clearer!
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> Apple's policy of forcing people to update is pretty harsh IMO, but it is
>>> their policy, so we might as well follow it :)

Touch 2nd