cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Paul Poirel (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CB-1701) FileTransfer response UTF-8 Bug
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 07:16:12 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1701?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13483939#comment-13483939
] 

Paul Poirel commented on CB-1701:
---------------------------------

Yes, I have tested the web service outside of Cordova, with a HTML form in Google Chrome.
Furthermore, in the PhoneGap App, I am calling other methods of the web service with AJAX
without this problem.
Plus, it looks like an UTF8 string encoded as ANSI. If the server were sending an ANSI string
and if PhoneGap parsed it as UTF8, I wouldn't see two characters by expected character, but
squares (for invalid characters).

I will test from the 2.2.0rc1 tag, but I have no time now (I am supposed to deliver the app
by the end of the week).
                
> FileTransfer response UTF-8 Bug 
> --------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CB-1701
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1701
>             Project: Apache Cordova
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Android
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.0
>         Environment: Android, Eclipse
>            Reporter: Paul Poirel
>            Assignee: Andrew Grieve
>            Priority: Minor
>
> I am using the FileTransfer API to upload a picture to a .ashx service (.NET).
> Everything is fine, except that the response (FileUploadResult.response) is not correctly
encoded. It appears like a UTF8 string encoded as ISO.
> Here are the logs from Eclipse debug console (LogCat) :
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): upload file:///mnt/sdcard/AgoraStockPictures/740aze1350954367223.jpg
to http://*************************/upload-photo.ashx
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): fileKey: fileData
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): fileName: 740aze1350954367223.jpg
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): mimeType: image/jpeg
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): params: {"lastPicture":true,"idproduit":"teststock2224388212","token":"9876543","login":"teststock"}
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): trustEveryone: false
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): chunkedMode: true
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): headers: null
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): String Length: 424
> 10-23 00:21:39.580: D/FileTransfer(24513): Content Length: 91341
> 10-23 00:21:40.910: D/FileTransfer(24513): got response from server
> 10-23 00:21:40.910: D/FileTransfer(24513): [{"data":{},"errors":{"etat":"-93","libelle":"L\u0027image
existe déjà ."}}]
> 10-23 00:21:40.910: D/FileTransfer(24513): ****** About to return a result from upload
> And the result (in an alert or in console.log) is :  {"etat":"-93","libelle":"L'image
existe déjà ."}
> The expected result is :  {"etat":"-93","libelle":"L'image existe déjà ."}
> When I test the server whith a html form on chrome, I get the correct result.
> Plus, the result looks like UTF8 displayed as ISO, so I believe that the server is sending
the UTF8 encoded response, and that it is a client-side issue.
> Here are the HTTP headers from the response :
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Cache-Control: private 
> Content-Length: 197
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> Content-Encoding: gzip
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
> X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
> Accepts-Encoding: gzip
> Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
> X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 10:28:33 GMT
> Note : this might be related to the issue #CB-920, which was about the POST params encoding.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message