cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject another license issue
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:16:32 GMT
I found another potential license issue. In
incubator-cordova-wp7/templates/standalone/cordovalib/Commands/ImageExifHelper.cs
at line 14 it includes a comment saying "Portions of this code are based
on..." and it gives the URL to a blog at codeproject.com. The blog has a
reusable code library, and in turn points to a CPOL license (
http://www.codeproject.com/info/cpol10.aspx ) for its content.

According to http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a , the
CPOL license may NOT be included with Apache projects.

I'm not seeing an obvious copy-and-paste, so it is unclear if there is
code reuse or if it was used as reference documentation. Perhaps the
person who committed this to ImageExifHelper.cs could answer that question.

-- Marcel Kinard