cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject license issue in incubator-cordova-wp7
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 17:36:50 GMT
I was looking at
incubator-cordova-wp7/templates/standalone/cordovalib/Commands/AudioPlayer.cs
and noticed on line 529 a URL to someone's blog. I looked at the blog,
and it is a code sample for writing a WAV audio header. I looked back at
the cordova source file and realized that two methods in the cordova
source are a straight copy-and-paste from the blog.

The blog indicates that samples provided fall under the Microsoft Public
License (Ms-PL). So I think some action here is necessary, such as:

a) the terms of the Ms-PL need to be followed, such as including a full
copy of the Ms-PL in the cordova distribution, or
b) rewrite these 2 methods with unique code.

Given that these 2 methods are following a spec to write out a WAV
header, doing a rewrite would seem to be easy. What does the group here
think, and who could correct this issue? It would seem this needs to get
taken care of before the final release of 2.2.0.

Also looks like the exact same issue exists in another source file,
incubator-cordova-wp7/templates/standalone/cordovalib/UI/AudioRecorder.xaml.cs

-- Marcel Kinard