cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Fazekas László <faze...@group4mind.hu>
Subject PhoneGap interface on Android vs. addJavaScriptInterface
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:00:16 GMT
Hi!

About 1 month ago, I've developed a PhoneGap application to one of my
clients. He dropped it back to me, because the UI was slow and laggy on
a Vodafone SmartTab. After some debug, I've realized, the problem is the
speed of the PhoneGap interface, and the XHR poll mechanism (I've found
some info about it here:
http://nullisnotanobject.com/phonegap-native-bridge). The final solution
was creation of a new PhoneGap like interface through
addJavascriptInterface and loadUrl. This new interface is working like a
charm without lag. I think, the perfect solution would be an optional
support of addJavascriptInterface/loadUrl way. If it is working on the
device without bugs, PhoneGap could use this faster way automatically
instead of the present solution, or developers could enable it
optionally. For example, in my case, the application will be used only
on Vodafone SmartTabs, where the standard addJavascriptInterface/loadUrl
solution working fine and fast, so in this case I could enable it.

Kind regards,
  Laszlo