cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Filip Maj (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CB-569) Multiscreen jquerymobile application doesn't work on Asus Transformer TF101
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 00:01:49 GMT


Filip Maj commented on CB-569:

The plot thickens: if the script is NOT external (i.e. the script tag has no {{src}} attribute
and instead the content is inline) it works as expected.

Joe is thinking it may be related to Google breaking the browser with how it resolves URLs
with hashes, etc.
> Multiscreen jquerymobile application doesn't work on Asus Transformer TF101
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: CB-569
>                 URL:
>             Project: Apache Cordova
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Android
>    Affects Versions: 1.6.1, 1.7.0
>         Environment: *OS* 
> Fedora 16 (kernel 3.3.2-1.fc16.i686.PAE)
> *Software*
> Eclipse (Version: Indigo Service Release 1, Build id: 20110916-0149)
> Eclipse plugins: Android Development Tools 17.0.0v201203161636-291853, PhonegapForAndroid, ... (i'll provide full list if necessary)
> *Libs*
> Cordova 1.6.1
> jQuery 1.7.2
> jQuery mobile 1.1.0
> *Devices*
> ASUS Transformer TF101 (Android 3.2)
> HTC Desire Z (Android 2.2.1)
>            Reporter: Eugene Grybinnyk
>            Assignee: Filip Maj
>             Fix For: 1.8.0
> I've created a simple jqm app with 2 screens - when you click any on the first screen
(index.html) you will follow to the second screen (second_screen.html). Second screen is including
some js code in it's body as external file (with a simple alert inside).
> So an *Expected Result* - I click on link and see alert message
> When I deploy it on my local apache httpd server - it's working fine on desktop browsers,
and native mobile browsers on ASUS Transformer TF101 (ASUS) and HTC Desire Z (HTC).
> Then, I create a Phonegap (Cordova) project on Eclipse using PhonegapForAndroid plugin
(target api - 7, android 2.1), export signed apk and install in on ASUS and HTC.
> And *Actual Result* - apk installed on HTC - works like in a browser, but the same apk
installed on ASUS - doesn't work properly - I click on a link and don't see alert.
> * I tried to reassemble the apk specifying target api - 13 (android 3.2) but it had no
effect for ASUS device.
> * I tried to run the problematic apk-s on android virtual device (api 13, android 3.2)
and it works fine (both apk-s, with 7 and 13 target api-s).
> PS /
>  Links:
> HTML/CSS/JS bundle
> Eclipse project (target api - 7)
> Eclipse project (target api - 13)
> Signed apk (target api - 7)
> Signed apk (target api - 13)
> PSS /
>  There are two links in the project, first is handled with jqm implicitly and second
is calling jqm function $.mobile.changePage via handler, attached with on vclick
event. Both of them are working well on browsers and HTC and are not working on ASUS. 

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators:!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see:


View raw message