cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Quim Gil <quim....@nokia.com>
Subject Re: Phonegap/Callback/Cordova for Qt 5
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:53:25 GMT
Viras wrote:
 > Why don't we wait for the first release of Qt5 and port the existing
 > Qt implementation to Qt5 then?

Hi, Qt 5 is getting a feature freeze on February 4th and it makes sense
to start now jumping on that boat. There is still a lot to do!

 From a PhoneGap perspective it is a big change from Qt 4 due to the
move to WebKit2, the positioning of Qt Quick as main technology for
developers, the change to V8 as Javascript engine...

Efforts to improve PhoneGap support for Qt 4 are welcome but let's not
stop the work done closest to upstream development. I believe the good
opportunity is to start working now on Qt 5 and have it hopefully
supported in Cordova later this year, soon after Qt 5 final is released.

--
Quim