continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Assign resource roles to Users using Continuum XML RPC API
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 06:11:16 GMT
Hi Bharat,

Sorry for the delay in responding. This functionality is only available in Continuum 1.4.1
(trunk, which will be released shortly).

If you are using that version, you can use the library org.codehaus.redback:redback-xmlrpc-client:1.3-M2
to perform security operations. For example:

===
        String url = "http://localhost:8080/continuum/redback-xmlrpc";
        String username = "service";
        String password = "qwerty123";

        RoleServiceClient roleServiceClient = new RoleServiceClient( url, username, password
);

        roleServiceClient.assignRoleByName( "Project User - Foo", "bar" );
===

You can find more examples here:
https://github.com/redback/redback/blob/redback-1.3-Mx/redback-xmlrpc/redback-xmlrpc-client/src/main/java/org/codehaus/redback/xmlrpc/client/CommandLineClient.java

Regards,