continuum-users mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <>
Subject Re: How to switch SVN branches?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 18:00:13 GMT
We have 228 projects in our continuum structure - and many have multiple
entries for various branches and past tags still under support.  We run
them all as separate projects as the SCM url is unique; that is our
deciding factor on creating new job streams in continuum.

We go as far as creating separate groups for our large projects as well -
they typically go from one IT group doing the development to another who
handle the support/maintenance/enhancements for "production" systems - so
they have separate continuum groups, and run multiple jobs for each RVL.

We also have a standard for "appname r.v.l-build" to be displayed in the
contentinfo section of every page so we know what's currently deployed in
each environment.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM, murali mohan <> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have asked this before in another form, but got no replies. Trying again.
> I have a few maven 2 projects all set for build in Continuum. For all these
> projects, I need to regularly switch the branches as per our own internal
> release policy. How do you do it? Is there a standard way of doing it?
> Right now, I am changing the branch by editing a particular project and
> editing the SVN URL. It is error prone, in my opinion. Is there a better,
> easier way to do this? May be by making use of some environment  variables
> which can point to the branch and we can change the environment variables
> to change the branch?
> Thanks,
> Murali.

Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech
Engineer-in-Training, Veterans Memorial Railroad