continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stop build definitions to execute in parallel
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:50:36 GMT

On 18/07/2012, at 11:44 PM, Bodhayan Chakraborty wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> Thank you for your response. Do you think all the agents sharing a common
> workspace is unusual? If I share a common workspace among agents, that
> would reduce storage usage. Also, the svn update would get only those files
> which are checked in between two builds irrespective of in which agent the
> build is running.

I've done this before, but its unusual to also allow multiple builds of the same project to
operate concurrently in this situation. Usually you would schedule the definitions so that
they don't conflict. Continuum doesn't have any way to know that the separate agents have
the same workspace and can't operate concurrently.

> Now, if I create a separate group for the the other build definition and
> execute the two build definition at the same time, still the two builds are
> executing in parallel. So, that does not help. Any other idea?

I was suggesting that you separate the workspace of the other pool, which is just used for
the concurrent builds, but most jobs that can run in parallel go to the main agent pool with
the same workspace.

- Brett