continuum-users mailing list archives

From John DeStefano <john.destef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting appserver.base for RHEL 6
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 21:19:02 GMT
Hi Louis,

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Louis Smith <dr.louis.smith@gmail.com> wrote:
> We placed this in the geronimo.sh file itself:
>
> GERONIMO_OPTS="-Dappserver.base=/opt/geronimo/current/var/catalina
> -Dappserver.home=/opt/geronimo/current/var/catalina"
>
> Louis

Thanks.  I'm running via Tomcat.  I've added similar CATALINA_*
options to the Tomcat init script, but these don't seem to be taking
effect.
# grep ^export /etc/init.d/tomcat6
export CATALINA_HOME=/usr/share/tomcat6
export CATALINA_BASE=${CATALINA_HOME}
export CATALINA_OPTS="-Dappserver.home=${CATALINA_HOME}
-Dappserver.base=${CATALINA_BASE}"
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default
export JAVA_OPTS=${CATALINA_OPTS}
export PATH=${PATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/bin