continuum-users mailing list archives

From John DeStefano <john.destef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting appserver.base for RHEL 6
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 20:22:14 GMT
Hi Louis,

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Louis Smith <dr.louis.smith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct.  Those never took effect for us either - we always had to place
> them into the internal scripts that are passed to the java startup command
> buried in the layers and layers of scripts... have you tried starting it in
> foreground vs background?  I recall that as a startup option at one time.
> Not sure if that makes any difference.

In more "normal" Tomcat deployments, running in the foreground would
be done simply by running `bin/catalina.sh run`.  However, the RHEL 6
Tomcat package does not ship with catalina.sh or an equivalent script.

As I just mentioned in an Archiva thread regarding a similar problem,
the sane route may be to forget managing Tomcat via the stock RHEL 6.2
package and install it manually.  I'd much prefer to stay with the
RPM, but unless there's a simple solution, it seems silly to keep
fighting with these variables that should simply work.

Thanks,
~John