continuum-users mailing list archives

From John DeStefano <john.destef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting appserver.base for RHEL 6
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 21:01:44 GMT
Hi,

Even after hard-coding the Tomcat path in every Continuum file I could
find that referenced an application/appserver/catalina variable, I
still see related errors in catalina.out:

Mar 8, 2012 11:53:04 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor continuum.xml
Could not resolve placeholder 'appserver.base' in
[file:${appserver.base}/conf/continuum.xml] as system property:
neither system property nor environment variable found

The webapp seems to load, but now two stray directories based on
variable names (`$` and `${appserver.base}`) are being created in
Tomcat's home on start.

I should note that I've changed the file referenced above
(conf/continuum.xml) to point to the absolute Tomcat path, so either
this placeholder is coming from elsewhere, or the variable information
has been cached and not updated.

~John