continuum-users mailing list archives

From <ChristineMontgom...@BC.com>
Subject Continuum 1.3.8 error message "Build file contains invalid characters"
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:30:48 GMT
Hello Continuum people,

We are in the beginning stages of upgrading our Continuum version to 1.3.8.  I am trying to
add an Ant project, with the Ant build filename defined as Quartz/build.xml.

After clicking save, I get an error that says "Build file contains invalid characters."  (The
screen also changes to show the error on POM filename, which is a bit confusing.)

After doing some Googling, I saw a piece of code in the ContinuumServiceImpl class that appears
to validate the build file name with this regular expression: private static final String
BUILD_DEFINITION_BUILD_FILE_VALID_EXPRESSION = "[A-Za-z0-9_.\\-]*";

This is how our projects are defined in our current version of Continuum, and fits our ant
project structures.  Does anyone know why a slash or backslash is no longer accepted?

Thanks for your help,

Chris Montgomery - chrismontgomery@bc.com<mailto:chrismontgomery@bc.com>
Boise Cascade - Applications Development
208 384-6027