continuum-users mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set up continuum and existing projects.
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:59:24 GMT
Depending on what all you need to run, this can range from quite simple to a
complex installation of most of a Software Development Infrastructure.

You can install a stand-alone continuum easily - but remember that it is
designed to "check out" a project from a source control system, and then run
it using ANT, SHELL, or Maven.

A full install requires an SCS (like Subversion), the "runtime environment'
such as Maven 2 or ANT (if you have POM based projects or build.xml based),
and Continuum itself.

If you have projects which run tests via JUnit or other utilities, then you
would also want to produce the surefire or other analytic reports - and
probably have an apache server somewhere to serve those reports to all the
users.

I have done this  - I have a notebook with SVN, Maven, Apache, Continuum and
Archiva running under either Glassfish or Geronimo with a MySQL backend as
my "stand-alone" environment where I test before moving the new versions of
code and utilities to our real SDI box.  I prefer the web-install over the
stand-alone as the database is shared and I can run reports (Apache Forrest
with custom java charting) against it without having to shut down everything
to run against the single-user derby.

If you would like my documentation on setting up an SDI, just let me know
and I will send it to you.

Good Luck!

Louis