continuum-users mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project prepare / perform
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:46:46 GMT
There are a LOT of moving parts to get in synch for it to work... it can be
a lot of effort to set it up the first time.

1) you have to have the correct structure in SVN
project  (we use the artifactId)
project/trunk
project/tags
project/branches
project/releases

2) you have to have the correct entries in <SCM> in the pom.xml

3) You have to be sure the prepare goes against the correct new tag base...
make sure the prepare screen is correct:

SCM Username : correct userid for the project to access SVN
SCM Password : correct password for SVN Access
SCM Tag :  <artifactId>-<release RVL> - like sdi-maven-skin-1.0.1
SCM Tag Base : svn://<your host url/groupid/artifactid/tags
SCM Comment Prefix <empty>
Preparation Goals: clean integration-test
Arguments: Noramlly empty
Build Environment : Your maven as defined in the TOOLS

It will show release version (the root of the current -SNAPSHOT)
Next Dev version (0.0.1 up from current snapshot)

If the screen isn't mostly correct without changes - then see #1 and #2...
 get it right first.

The perform should then create the new /tags/ version - just look at your
svn repo with tortoise or other tool to confirm.

Click the perform radio button, and the right release number should appear
in the box... if so, go for it.  If not, go back to #1

2011/7/25 Csepregi Gábor <anthyon@novyon.org>

> [...]
> *.java:104)
>        at org.apache.maven.shared.**release.DefaultReleaseManager.**
> perform(DefaultReleaseManager.**java:336)
>        at org.apache.maven.shared.**release.DefaultReleaseManager.**
> performWithResult(**DefaultReleaseManager.java:**294)
>        at org.apache.maven.shared.**release.DefaultReleaseManager.**
> performWithResult(**DefaultReleaseManager.java:**579)
>        at org.apache.maven.continuum.**release.executors.**
> PerformReleaseTaskExecutor.**execute(**PerformReleaseTaskExecutor.**
> java:88)
>        at org.apache.maven.continuum.**release.executors.**
> AbstractReleaseTaskExecutor.**executeTask(**AbstractReleaseTaskExecutor.**
> java:68)
>        at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.**execution.**
> ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$**ExecutorRunnable$1.run(**
> ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.**java:116)
>        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.**java.util.concurrent.**
> Executors$RunnableAdapter.**call(Executors.java:442)
>        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.**java.util.concurrent.**
> FutureTask.run(FutureTask.**java:176)
>        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.**java.util.concurrent.**
> ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(**ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)
>        at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.**java.util.concurrent.**
> ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(**ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.**java:662)
>
> The working directory in question is there, but I could not find the line
> 104 of the AbstractContinuumRunGoalsPhase class, yet. I'll try to build a
> version from the continuum svn and see, it the problem still exists.
> (currently I'm using the 1.4.0 beta)
>
> Thanks for the fast reply,
>
> Gabor Csepregi
>
> 2011.07.25. 22:52 keltezéssel, Brent Atkinson írta:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> This is a question the maven release plugin. Continuum supports releasing
>> Maven projects using the normal release plugin semantics. For information
>> about what prepare and perform goals are doing, refer to the corresponding
>> documentation:
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/**plugins/maven-release-plugin/<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/>
>>
>> Brent
>>
>> 2011/7/25 Csepregi Gábor<anthyon@novyon.org>
>>
>>  Hi there,
>>>
>>> I'm a new user to this list, and browsed the latest mails to find a
>>> solution to my problem, but my question remained unanswered. So please
>>> direct me to the link if it has been solved before.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to use continuum, and it works quite well so far except for
>>> one
>>> thing: I cannot make a release with it. I'm following the user guide, but
>>> the problem I'm facing is strange:
>>>
>>> 1. the prepare step creates the tag in my svn as supposed and modifies
>>> the
>>> pom in the trunk to reflect the next developer version.
>>> 2. the perform step makes a new deployment from the new developer version
>>> (eg. the prepare created the tag 0.0.5 and modified the pom to
>>> 0.0.6-SNAPSHOT, then the perform will create the jar for the new

--
Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech