continuum-users mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I need a help to ldap and archiva
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:29:36 GMT
It is easy, but detailed.... it does work, I have it in several
installations of my own and in client sites for heavy production usage.

In the security.properties file, you must specify the redback.default.admin
- it MUST be an EXISTING account in the LDAP.

It must be found at the config.base

All fields MUST be mapped to the correct LDAP entries.

The security.properties and the application.xml have to match perfectly in
the definitions...

This is the security.properties file from my notebook:

user.manager.impl=ldap
ldap.bind.authenticator.enabled=true
ldap.config.context.factory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory

#
# BinaryStar LDAP  (my dual core notebook)
#

ldap.config.hostname=localhost
ldap.config.base.dn=ou=External Users,ou=users,dc=locahost,dc=com
ldap.config.port=389
ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.id=orclSAMAccountName
ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.email=orclSAMAccountName
ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.fullname=givenName
ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.password=userPassword
redback.default.admin=Dr.Louis.Smith@gmail.com
redback.default.guest=guest
security.policy.password.expiration.enabled=false

and this is from the application.xml:

  <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.UserMapper</role>
      <role-hint>ldap</role-hint>

 <implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.LdapUserMapper</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <email-attribute>orclSAMAccountName</email-attribute>
        <full-name-attribute>givenName</full-name-attribute>
        <password-attribute>userPassword</password-attribute>
        <user-id-attribute>uid</user-id-attribute>
        <user-base-dn>ou=External
Users,ou=users,dc=localhost,dc=com</user-base-dn>
        <user-object-class>inetOrgPerson</user-object-class>
      </configuration>
      <requirements>
        <requirement>

 <role>org.codehaus.plexus.redback.configuration.UserConfiguration</role>
        </requirement>
      </requirements>
    </component>

Triple-check everything.

And the final hint:  Verify that you can connect to the LDAP anonymously,
and that you can search for and find the defined admin userid by DN

--
Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra InfoTech