continuum-users mailing list archives

From Csepregi Gábor <anth...@novyon.org>
Subject Re: Project prepare / perform
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:46:07 GMT
I get the concept of the working directory. I got one last question
before giving it up:

Why does it check out the release into a folder
(working-directory/releases-1311634791879) and does the mvn deploy from
another one (working-directory/1)? (This completly explains why I get
nullpointerexception when trying to re-release eg. 0.0.3, which has been
prepeared long time ago, but re-releasing it is a valid maven action)
I'll try one last thing, giving the working directory argument as a
command line argument on the interface, and see if it will solve it.

2011.07.26. 1:30 keltezéssel, Louis Smith írta:
> The directories are controlled from the configuration screen.
>
> Also check the<distributionmanagement>  section for where you are publishing
> your releases... you should see a new file there.
>
> The "working directory" is where continuum always does its work.. it will be
> <configured working directory path>/<continuum project #>/ .. looks like
you
> are doing your first project since yours is data/working-directory/1
>
> It just checks out what it wants into that directory, does its thing, and
> cleans up (sometimes).
>
> 2011/7/25 Csepregi Gábor<anthyon@novyon.org>
>
>> Thanks for the details, I have compared my pom settings to the continuum
>> pom, so now I guess it should not be a problem. The svn also looks good and
>> so is the prepare form. But I get a strange log in the continuum.log
>> regarding the perform step:
>>
>> 2011-07-26 00:59:52,026 [pool-4-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.continuum.scm.*
>> *manager.Slf4jScmLogger  - Executing: /bin/sh -c cd
>> /opt/www/local/continuum/**apache-continuum-1.4.0/data/**working-directory
>> &&  svn --username anthyon --password '*****' --non-interactive checkout
>> http://svn.<server>/<**artifactId>/tags/<artifactId>-**0.0.6
>> *<path>/data/working-**directory/releases-**1311634791879*
>> 2011-07-26 00:59:52,027 [pool-4-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.continuum.scm.*
>> *manager.Slf4jScmLogger  - Working directory:
>> <path>/data/working-directory
>> 2011-07-26 00:59:59,024 [pool-4-thread-1] INFO  org.apache.continuum.utils.
>> **shell.**DefaultShellCommandHelper  - Executing: /bin/sh -c cd
>> *<path>/data/working-**directory/1*&&  /opt/www/local/continuum/**maven/bin/mvn
>> clean deploy --no-plugin-updates --batch-mode
>>
>> The release is done from the wrong directory as far as I can tell. All I
>> did was following your steps, and doing the perform step from the offered
>> 0.0.6 version. Do I have control over these directories somewhere?
>>
>> If I create a build by hand from the project, the version number is updated
>> as expected. So the build itself is working fine. I just wished to do the
>> release from the same place, though if it's not working, I can do it from
>> command line or eclipse.
>>
>> 2011.07.26. 0:46 keltezéssel, Louis Smith írta:
>>
>>> There are a LOT of moving parts to get in synch for it to work... it can
>>> be
>>> a lot of effort to set it up the first time.
>>>
>>> 1) you have to have the correct structure in SVN
>>> project  (we use the artifactId)
>>> project/trunk
>>> project/tags
>>> project/branches