continuum-users mailing list archives

From Csepregi Gábor <anth...@novyon.org>
Subject Re: Project prepare / perform
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:22:30 GMT
Hello,

thanks, I took a closer look and found more problems. I can use maven
release plugin from within eclipse so I'm familiar with it. The problem
still exists though with Continuum.

1. If I use choose from the dropdown the previously prepared release
version, it simply creates a deploy from trunk.
2. If I choose to fill in the parameters myself, the scm tagbase gets
filled with a wrong url (it starts with scm:svn:http://... instead of
http://...), but fixing it by hand is not a great deal. But when I hit
the button to go with the release, the correct tag is checked out from
the svn, and then I get a NullPointerException stacktrace in the
continuum.log

2011-07-26 00:14:31,487 [pool-4-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.continuum.scm.manager.Slf4jScmLogger  - Working directory:
/opt/www/local/continuum/apache-continuum-1.4.0/data/working-directory
2011-07-26 00:14:37,025 [Thread-19] ERROR
taskQueueExecutor#perform-release  - Error executing task
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.getResult(FutureTask.java:299)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:118)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.waitForTask(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:159)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:127)
         at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:222)
         at
org.apache.continuum.release.phase.AbstractContinuumRunGoalsPhase.execute(AbstractContinuumRunGoalsPhase.java:104)
         at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.perform(DefaultReleaseManager.java:336)
         at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.performWithResult(DefaultReleaseManager.java:294)
         at
org.apache.maven.shared.release.DefaultReleaseManager.performWithResult(DefaultReleaseManager.java:579)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.PerformReleaseTaskExecutor.execute(PerformReleaseTaskExecutor.java:88)
         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.release.executors.AbstractReleaseTaskExecutor.executeTask(AbstractReleaseTaskExecutor.java:68)
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:176)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The working directory in question is there, but I could not find the
line 104 of the AbstractContinuumRunGoalsPhase class, yet. I'll try to
build a version from the continuum svn and see, it the problem still
exists. (currently I'm using the 1.4.0 beta)

Thanks for the fast reply,

Gabor Csepregi