continuum-users mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to send a customized email
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 15:15:03 GMT
Might I suggest writing it as a reporting plugin?  - use the maven-dashboard
plugin as your baseline - as it already has code for reading/persisting the
information from the various reports, and has database connectivity.  You
can use that connectivity to fetch the notifiers information from the
continuum database as well as fetching the statistics from the dashboard
database, and then send the emails from within the plugin.

I think this would be a cleaner approach, and you could then publish the
reporting plugin for others to use.

All of our projects publish maven reports nightly, and we publish an overall
website on top of all the maven sites every morning at 6am.  The project
dashboards are updated daily with the running 14-day history reports to show
"cleanup" efforts and metrics.

Good Luck!

Louis

--