continuum-users mailing list archives

From Louis Smith <dr.louis.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Third Re-installation of Geronimo to fix error
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 13:24:32 GMT
At this point, I'm quite suspicious.  I have gotten the 3rd report from my
tech leads that they have had to re-install geronimo again to fix crashes
from Archiva and Continuum.

The environments are different - one on windows, 2 on linux.  Same issue -
the server will start throwing 500 errors to the end users of Continuum
and/or Archiva; looking at the logs shows failure to connect to the
underlying mysql database - with "invalid credentials" being the culprit.

The server will neither stop from shutdown, nor will it restart.  Startup
fails on deployment of the first product - again with the database
connection pool refusing to connect to the database with mysql throwing the
underlying bad account credentials back up the chain to the server.

Stop has to be a kill.  Fortunately, we have the documentation on setting
the flag to get past the MQ startup lock, so that isn't an issue.

This time, I was on site at one of the clients, and I noticed that the
startup log showed that the attempt was being made to start the archiva car
- but the failure showed the attempt to use the continuum credentials
('app'@'localhost' - not 'archiva'@'localost').  We checked the dbpool
plans, and the 3 of them (jdbc_archiva, jdbc_continuum, jdbc_users) were all
correct, with the correct accounts and credentials.

So we did a fast reinstall of Geronimo, re-created the dbpools with same
credentials (app/app, archiva/archiva), redeployed the same war files with
the same plans - and it came right back up.

We have saved the application and security settings, so we deploy no-start,
flash the files, start the apps. All come right back, connect to the
database and ldap, and everything is right where we got kicked out..

Anyone else experience the 500 errors against the database?

Geronimo 2.2.1
Archiva 1.3.4
Continuum 1.3.7
MySql 5 (various)