continuum-users mailing list archives

From kenneth.westeli...@telenet.be
Subject No build executors defined
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:15:45 GMT
Dear list,

I am trying to upgrade an existing and working continuum 1.2.3 install towards 1.3.6. To do
this, I have followed the upgrade procedure (http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.6/installation/upgrade.html)
to the letter. When starting the new continuum, all projects are there, but I cannot build
anything. All projects fail with this error:

org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutionException: Error executing action 'execute-builder'

at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.performAction(DefaultBuildController.java:415)

at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:157)

at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:48)

at org.apache.continuum.taskqueueexecutor.ParallelBuildsThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ParallelBuildsThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:12

0)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)

at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:176)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:987)

at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:528)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.continuum.ContinuumException: No such executor: 'maven2'.
at org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.manager.DefaultBuildExecutorManager.getBuildExecutor(DefaultBuildExecutorManager.java:84)

at org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.ExecuteBuilderContinuumAction.execute(ExecuteBuilderContinuumAction.java:96)

at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.performAction(DefaultBuildController.java:393)

... 8 more

This probably means the executors map in DefaultBuildExecutorManager is empty. When starting
continuum, it even warns me there are no executors available:
2011-02-02 11:33:59,652 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.manager.DefaultBuildExecutorManager
- No build executors defined.

I thought this had something to with the migration, but the same warning appears when doing
a fresh (= empty data folders) install. This warning appears in 1.3.6 and I even tried 1.3.5,
same thing. In 1.4.0 I don't get this warning.

There is even a Unit test in your continuum-core, throwing the same exception as the one mentioned
above (PrepareBuildProjectsTaskExecutorTest), which I find very disturbing.

Can someone please help me getting Continuum 1.3.6 alive?

regards,

Kenneth