continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.6
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 23:57:40 GMT

On 21/08/2010, at 12:55 AM, murali mohan wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> I pointed a fresh 1.3.6 continuum instance at the existing 1.1
> database. It seems to have picked up and started off well. I can also
> see Parallel Queues and Purge Schedule options which were not there in
> 1.1.
>
> But won't there be issues related to data or data model (if not now,
> may be when the builds start running regularly)? Any DML or DDL
> statements that I should be running? Or do we have to wait till a
> problem occurs to fix it?

I've not tried going from 1.1 -> 1.3 directly, but in theory all the fields should be created.
We don't remove / rename them. There's one instance where it didn't work in 1.4.0, but I'm
not aware of any remaining problems in the GA release.

If you do see an exception, let us know!

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter