continuum-users mailing list archives

From murali mohan <muralih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.6
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:46:48 GMT
Trying out the Data Management tool to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.6:

1) Did the export for "continuum" database of 1.1 first. It ran without
errors. Comand used - "java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-app.jar
-buildsJdbcUrl jdbc:derby:./database11/continuum -mode EXPORT -directory
backups"

2) Started up a continuum version of 1.3.6 to have the data model ready.

3) Tried to import the backed up data to the database created. Command given
in http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.6/installation/upgrade.html fails.
Command - "java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.3.2-app.jar
-buildsJdbcUrl jdbc:derby:./database/continuum -mode IMPORT -directory
backups -strict"

Error message - "Invalid argument: -strict"

4) So tried the command with out the "strict" argument. Command - "".

Failed with the following stack trace:

Exception in thread "main" javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Error executing
JDOQL query "SELECT
'org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.BuildDefinitionTemplate' AS
JPOXMETADATA,THIS.CONTINUUM_DEFAULT,THIS.ID,THIS.MODEL_ENCODING,THIS."NAME",THIS.BUILDDEFINITION_TEMPLATE_TYPE
FROM BUILDDEFINITIONTEMPLATE THIS" : Column 'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is either
not in any table in the FROM list or appears within a join specification and
is outside the scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause
and is not in the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE
statement then 'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is not a column in the target table..
    at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.query.JDOQLQuery.performExecute(JDOQLQuery.java:636)
    at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.query.JDOQLQuery.performDeletePersistentAll(JDOQLQuery.java:659)
    at org.jpox.store.query.Query.deletePersistentAll(Query.java:1120)
    at org.jpox.store.query.Query.deletePersistentAll(Query.java:1075)
    at org.jpox.store.query.Query.deletePersistentAll(Query.java:1049)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.jdo.PlexusJdoUtils.removeAll(PlexusJdoUtils.java:444)
    at
org.apache.continuum.dao.DaoUtilsImpl.eraseDatabase(DaoUtilsImpl.java:82)
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.JdoDataManagementTool.eraseDatabase(JdoDataManagementTool.java:223)
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.processDatabase(DataManagementCli.java:269)
    at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.main(DataManagementCli.java:170)
NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
ERROR 42X04: Column 'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is either not in any table in the
FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the scope of
the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in the GROUP
BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then
'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is not a column in the target table.
    at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ColumnReference.bindExpression(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ResultColumn.bindExpression(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ResultColumnList.bindExpressions(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.SelectNode.bindExpressions(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bindExpressions(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.DMLStatementNode.bind(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.ReadCursorNode.bind(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CursorNode.bind(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepMinion(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericStatement.prepare(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericLanguageConnectionContext.prepareInternalStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement20.<init>(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement30.<init>(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.jdbc.Driver30.newEmbedPreparedStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown
Source)
    at org.jpox.store.rdbms.RDBMSManager.getStatement(RDBMSManager.java:523)
    at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.query.StatementText.prepareStatement(StatementText.java:215)
    at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.query.RDBMSQuery.getStatement(RDBMSQuery.java:131)
    at
org.jpox.store.rdbms.query.JDOQLQuery.performExecute(JDOQLQuery.java:582)
[...]

Please help. Thanks.

Murali.