continuum-users mailing list archives

From murali mohan <muralih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.6
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:58:04 GMT
Hello,

Still waiting for any suggestions to go forward with this upgrade.

I also tried to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 first which also failed with a
similar message -
 "ERROR 42X04: Column 'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is either not in any table in
the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the
scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in
the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then
'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is not a column in the target table.

thanks,
Murali.

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:46 PM, murali mohan <muralihere@gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying out the Data Management tool to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.6:
>
> 1) Did the export for "continuum" database of 1.1 first. It ran without
> errors. Comand used - "java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-app.jar
> -buildsJdbcUrl jdbc:derby:./database11/continuum -mode EXPORT -directory
> backups"
>
> 2) Started up a continuum version of 1.3.6 to have the data model ready.
>
> 3) Tried to import the backed up data to the database created. Command
> given in http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.6/installation/upgrade.htmlfails. Command
- "java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.3.2-app.jar