continuum-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Henri Dezanneau <ph.dezann...@gmail.com>
Subject Assigning a default role when a new user is added to LDAP
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:34:21 GMT
Hello,

I'm currently setting up an environment with an Active Directory Server 2003
and a Linux server running Apache Continuum 1.3.6 with Tomcat 6.0.24. I've
configured the security.properties and application.xml files to authenticate
my users through the LDAP server hosted in the Active Directory. This works
perfectly. As soon as I create a new user in my AD, this user can then
connect to Apache Continuum.

The problem is, by default, the user doesn't get any role and therefore
can't see the registered projects in the project list. This is an issue for
me as I want my users to see at least all the projects being under
continuous integration through  Continuum. Consequently, I have to manually
log in with an Administrator account to Continuum and change manually every
user account to add a role giving them the right to see all the projects
(like the role 'Continuum Group Project Developer').

My question is : How can I automatically affect a default Redback role to a
new user ? If Continuum doesn't allow that, what's the best way to
workaround this issue and even better to develop this feature into Continuum
?

I would greatly appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,

--
Pierre.