continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.6
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 04:21:19 GMT
Did you try running 1.3 directly against the existing database? Perhaps it's time we just simplified
the upgrade instructions to that and sort out any issues that need to be handled, since the
data management path is often a problem.

- Brett

On 18/08/2010, at 7:58 PM, murali mohan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Still waiting for any suggestions to go forward with this upgrade.
>
> I also tried to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 first which also failed with a
> similar message -
> "ERROR 42X04: Column 'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is either not in any table in
> the FROM list or appears within a join specification and is outside the
> scope of the join specification or appears in a HAVING clause and is not in
> the GROUP BY list. If this is a CREATE or ALTER TABLE  statement then
> 'THIS.MODEL_ENCODING' is not a column in the target table.
>
> thanks,
> Murali.
>
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 4:46 PM, murali mohan <muralihere@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Trying out the Data Management tool to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.6:
>>
>> 1) Did the export for "continuum" database of 1.1 first. It ran without
>> errors. Comand used - "java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-app.jar
>> -buildsJdbcUrl jdbc:derby:./database11/continuum -mode EXPORT -directory
>> backups"
>>
>> 2) Started up a continuum version of 1.3.6 to have the data model ready.
>>
>> 3) Tried to import the backed up data to the database created. Command
>> given in http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.6/installation/upgrade.htmlfails. Command
- "java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.3.2-app.jar

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org