continuum-users mailing list archives

From Guido Wilken <Guido.Wil...@isec7.com>
Subject AW: dependent snapshot builds not invoked
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:32:45 GMT
Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your replay!

The configuration I have involves 4 projects.
One is a library project in a group "libraries".
The other three are 2 platform specific projects and one shared project.
Each platform specific build uses the shared project and the library project.

Library and shared are built as SNAPSHOT most of the time, as they change a lot.

I would like the library and shared project to be checked for changes, ff I invoke a build
on one of the platform specific client builds...

If I understood you correctly, this will only be possible for scheduled builds, right?

Regards,
 Guido

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Juli 2010 14:19
An: users@continuum.apache.org
Betreff: Re: dependent snapshot builds not invoked

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Guido Wilken <Guido.Wilken@isec7.com> wrote:
> I have multiple dependent SNAPSHOT projects in continuum (Version: 1.3.4, Build Number:
807129).

> When I build one of them (manual or scheduled), the other projects are not built automatically
if they have changed.
> Unfortunately, I get a lot of errors, if necessary changes in dependent projects are
not built before the other projects.
> Is there any way, to let continuum check all "other" SNAPSHOT projects for changes before
building a particular project?

If you force a build, I don't think it will go off and build anything
else first.

On a scheduled build, it should build things in the correct order
within a project group.

By other projects do you mean other project groups?  Describe your
configuration a little more and the behavior you're looking for.

--
Wendy