continuum-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Coy <steve....@axegroup.com.au>
Subject No changes found, not building (projectId=16)
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 01:37:31 GMT
Hi there,

I¹ve been trying to figure out why our projects were not building in
Continuum 1.4.0 when their dependencies had been changed. I could see from
the log message:

INFO
org.apache.continuum.builder.distributed.DefaultDistributedBuildService  -
No changes found, not building (projectId=16)

that we were encountering the following piece of code in
org.apache.continuum.builder.distributed.DefaultDistributedBuildService.shou
ldBuild(Map<String, Object>):

            Date date = ContinuumBuildConstant.getLatestUpdateDate( context
);
            if ( date != null && oldBuildResult.getLastChangedDate() >=
date.getTime() )
            {
                log.info( "No changes found, not building (projectId=" +
projectId + ")" );
                return false;
            }

>From what I can determine, ³date² contains the start time for the most
recent build of the project (for any build definition). It seems to me that
this test will always be true if the dates have been sourced from the same
BuildResult record.

The test for changed dependencies comes after this code fragment, and so
never gets executed.

It¹s not clear to me what this test is trying to accomplish, and I¹m tempted
to remove it.

Thanks for your help,

Steve Coy