continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to set continuum build fresh <check out frm svn>
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:47:43 GMT
> Thanks for the reply. I'm using the build.xml, ant engine. In that case, I
> need to ask the developer to configure the build.xml (configuration file
> which buil the war file) to have define the filesystem to the war can be
> stored in version? And I do not want to change it to clean deploy, because
> deployment will be done by my superior.

I didn't realize you were using Ant.  "Deploy" here doesn't mean to
your application server, it means into a Maven repository.

> All I want is continuumm build and
> keep the war in versions (in historical order, maybe the last including the
> later war file).

Continuum doesn't have that feature.  It came out of the Maven project
and just assumes that you will be using Maven and a repository manager
with it, so it doesn't try to store the things you're building.

If you're willing to modify the Continuum code it could probably be
added.  For Maven builds, Continuum already saves off the Surefire
(test) results.  I think I already have a feature request in JIRA
asking for the ability to save off other things from the build.

But, you can also do it with your Ant build by simply copying the war
somewhere else on the server.  That's what I'd suggest.

>  right now whenever i trigger build.xml to build war file the war get build
> at the following directory
> /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.18-1/bin/data/working-directory
>
> its creates folder by number (1,2) under the working-directory folder and
> war being stored there.
> however, each time when i trigger, a new war being created and the folder
> (numbering) get incremented but the previous folder is missing, guess it
> overwrites.

That's odd... IME the numbered directory corresponds to the project
id.  Unless you are removing and re-adding the project, I wouldn't
expect that number to change.

--
Wendy