continuum-users mailing list archives

From sk07 <s.sindhukuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to set continuum build fresh <check out frm svn>
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 02:56:46 GMT

Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

>> Thanks for the reply and info, but I'm still a little not clear, as you
>> said
>> Continuum do not have the feature to build and keep the war in historical
>> order, however you said IME the numbered directory corresponds to the
>> project id, meaning Continuum allows the build project (war file) to be
>> stored in numbered folder. Do Continuum allow the existing numbered
>> folder
>> with war remain as it is even after a new trigger to build the war?
>
> In 1.3.x, When you add a project to Continuum, it is assigned a
> number, which you see in the url and under the working-copy directory.
>
> In my experience, that number doesn't change, there is only one
> working copy, and successive builds simply overwrite the contents, (or
> delete and re-create them).
>
> Then there is a separate set of directories for the build results, but
> Continuum doesn't currently put the built files there, just the text
> build output.
>
> So Continuum itself doesn't have a feature to save your war file, but
> I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to do in Ant by adding a copy
> command to your build and copying the war to a known location on the
> server.
>
> While reviewing the thread I noticed you mentioned using 1.2.3 in your
> original email.  If things aren't matching up, it's because I'm
> talking about 1.3.x  -- I don't remember how 1.2.3 worked, it was too
> long ago.
>
> --
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thanks once again for the details explanation. I got a very clear
explanation

"In my experience, that number doesn't change, there is only one
working copy, and successive builds simply overwrite the contents, (or
delete and re-create them).

Then there is a separate set of directories for the build results, but
Continuum doesn't currently put the built files there, just the text
build output."

Now, I can explain to my superior that Continuum would not be able to keep
historical war file as it overwrites the content/delete re-create the war in
the define numbered directory. Continuum only able to keep the build files
and output (log files), I can see that in a build folder.

I guess as you explain the only way to keep historical war file is by
defining in ANT build.xml to build and keeping it in different directory.

Thank you very much Wendy :handshake:

rgrds,
sk