continuum-users mailing list archives

From sk07 <s.sindhukuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to set continuum build fresh <check out frm svn>
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 03:04:51 GMT

Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

>> Thanks for the reply. I'm using the build.xml, ant engine. In that case,
>> need to ask the developer to configure the build.xml (configuration file
>> which buil the war file) to have define the filesystem to the war can be
>> stored in version? And I do not want to change it to clean deploy,
>> because
>> deployment will be done by my superior.
>
> I didn't realize you were using Ant.  "Deploy" here doesn't mean to
> your application server, it means into a Maven repository.
>
>> All I want is continuumm build and
>> keep the war in versions (in historical order, maybe the last including
>> the
>> later war file).
>
> Continuum doesn't have that feature.  It came out of the Maven project
> and just assumes that you will be using Maven and a repository manager
> with it, so it doesn't try to store the things you're building.
>
> If you're willing to modify the Continuum code it could probably be
> added.  For Maven builds, Continuum already saves off the Surefire
> (test) results.  I think I already have a feature request in JIRA
> asking for the ability to save off other things from the build.
>
> But, you can also do it with your Ant build by simply copying the war
> somewhere else on the server.  That's what I'd suggest.
>
>>  right now whenever i trigger build.xml to build war file the war get
>> build
>> at the following directory
>> /usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.18-1/bin/data/working-directory
>>
>> its creates folder by number (1,2) under the working-directory folder and
>> war being stored there.
>> however, each time when i trigger, a new war being created and the folder
>> (numbering) get incremented but the previous folder is missing, guess it
>> overwrites.
>
> That's odd... IME the numbered directory corresponds to the project
> id.  Unless you are removing and re-adding the project, I wouldn't
> expect that number to change.
>
> --
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the reply and info, but I'm still a little not clear, as you said
Continuum do not have the feature to build and keep the war in historical
order, however you said IME the numbered directory corresponds to the
project id, meaning Continuum allows the build project (war file) to be
stored in numbered folder. Do Continuum allow the existing numbered folder
with war remain as it is even after a new trigger to build the war?

Thanks.

sk