continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto build
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:59:36 GMT
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM, sandeep reddy <sandeepreddip@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to trigger a  build automatically when someone commits code
> to the svn repository using Continuum?

There is an xmlrpc interface [1], so you could write something that
would, for example, watch the mailing list that commits are sent to,
and when it sees a commit, connect to Continuum and force a build.

(I would not do it in a post-commit hook, those should be simple and
quick, and running a Java program that has to fire up a JVM and then
connect to another server is neither.)

Let us know how it goes if you try it, this would be a great example
to write up in an article.

[1] http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.6/developer_guides/xmlrpc.html

--
Wendy