continuum-users mailing list archives

From Vipul Mapara <maparavi...@gmail.com>
Subject Release Management Question
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 17:59:03 GMT
Hello User:

We have been using Continuum for our continuous build and release
management. It works great as it stands. One of our usability issue with the
release management process, for multi-module projects is to enter the
release version data (next development/release version) on release:prepare
step. Since most of our projects our aggregated multi module project, we
tend to release them all with same version.

I want to research the option to automate the release:prepare step to load
the release seed data. Either using
1. maven plugin hook or
2. some feature within continuum to do that, which I may not be aware. I
tried dropping release.properties within our module for continuum but I
guess it ignores the file and regenerates using default scheme.
3. Is there a way in Maven to define version scheme for release process in
pom which plugs in straight with continuum as well?

Please let me know, if anyone out there had a success in solving the above
usability concern. Thanks in advance for sparing time to help us out.

Continuum Version: 1.3.5
Build Number: 898634

--
Vipul Mapara