continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concurrent Build - Setup
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:35:35 GMT
I'm having some trouble reading the formatting here. I assume you are saying queue one is attached
to schedule 1 and queue 2 to schedule 2? If that's the case it looks correct - perhaps check
if there is a related issue in JIRA?

What I actually do is assign both queues to both schedules and let Continuum choose which
is available - you might try that and see if it helps.

- Brett

On 17/03/2010, at 4:55 AM, Nollenberger, Kurt wrote:

> I have two builds that I would like to run concurrently but they run in
> sequence.  I have read the online documentation and searched the wiki.
> I have been unable to find a way to have these builds run in parallel
> rather than sequence.  They run for 2.5 hours each and I'd like them to
> run at the same time.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing in the
> setup?
>

> These are Shell script executions.  I see them both go into the "Queue :
> Current Build" state, but they execute in sequence rather than parallel.
>

> I have the following setup.
>

> 1.	Continuum version: 1.3.4
> 2.	General Configuration
>
> 	a.	Number of Allowed Builds in Parallel: 3
> 	b.	Enable Distributed Builds: unchecked
>
> 3.	Project Groups
>
> 	a.	Name: Build One, Group ID: com.co.proj1
>
>                                                               i.
> Schedule: Schedule One
>
> 	b.	Name: Build Two, Group ID: com.co.proj2
>
>                                                               i.
> Schedule: Schedule Two
>
> 4.	Schedules
>
> 	a.	Schedule One
>
>                                                               i.
> Used Build Queue
>
> 1.       Nightly queue one
>
> 	b.	Schedule Two
>
>                                                               i.
> Used Build Queue
>
> 1.       Nightly queue two
>
> 5.	Parallel Build Queue
>
> 	a.	DEFAULT_BUILD_QUEUE
> 	b.	Nightly queue one
> 	c.	Nightly queue two
>

> The information contained in this message and any accompanying attachments may contain
privileged, private and/or confidential information protected by state and federal law.  Penalties
may be assessed for unauthorized use and/or disclosure.  This message and any attachments
are intended for the designated recipient only.  If you have received this information in
error, please notify the sender immediately and return or destroy the information.

> This e-mail transmission and any attachments are believed to have been sent free of any
virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and
opened. It is, however, the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the e-mail transmission
and any attachments are virus free, and the sender accepts no responsibility for any damage
that may in any way arise from their use.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org