continuum-users mailing list archives

From Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com>
Subject Re: how to download historical builds
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:45:05 GMT
Thanks Brett. Currently I had it as 1.0-SNAPSHOT in the parent pom
but not in module pom.xml. I made the change  and now its deploying.
But every time I run mvn deploy, it overwrites the previous snapshot
build. How can I get a historical builds? I have to generate version
numbers dynamically?

Thanks

--Viv
On Mar 18, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

> On 19/03/2010, at 9:39 AM, Viv Kapadekar wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your prompt response. I have set up
>> distribtionManagement in pom.xml like this:
>>

>> <distributionManagement>
>>   <snapshotRepository>
>>     <id>internal.repo</id>
>>     <name>My local Internal Repository of builds</name>
>>     <url>file:///Users/vivekkapadekar/workspace/deploy/</url>
>>   </snapshotRepository>
>> </distributionManagement>
>
> Note that at some point you'll need <repository> for your release as
> well (even if it is the same). If the <version> being deployed does
> not end in -SNAPSHOT this would be the problem.
>
> Otherwise, what version of Maven are you using?
>
> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org