continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to download historical builds
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:25:26 GMT
It's normal to copy to the local repository (this happens at the install step), but this should
always be under the single identifier "SNAPSHOT", rather than keeping a copy of each timestamped
artifact. I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing that.

On 21/03/2010, at 9:57 AM, Viv Kapadekar wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> So, I see the builds now getting copied to the repository specified in distributionManagement
and it keeps a copy of all previous builds too, which is great. But it seems to also copy
it to my own local repository ( under .m2 ). Thats not what I expected. I thought my local
repository would  just have the latest artifact and not get piled up with builds everytime
I do a mvn deploy. Am I missing something?

> Thanks
>
> --Viv
> On Mar 18, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>
>> If you're using the configuration as stated below, each build should use a timestamp
and build number. IT would only overwrite if for some reason you added <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
to the repository element.

>> What does your repository look like?
>>
>> On 19/03/2010, at 10:45 AM, Viv Kapadekar wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Brett. Currently I had it as 1.0-SNAPSHOT in the parent pom  but not in
module pom.xml. I made the change  and now its deploying. But every time I run mvn deploy,
it overwrites the previous snapshot build. How can I get a historical builds? I have to generate
version numbers dynamically?

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --Viv

well (even if it is the same). If the <version> being deployed does not end in -SNAPSHOT
this would be the problem.