continuum-users mailing list archives

From Viv Kapadekar <vi...@peoplepowerco.com>
Subject Re: how to download historical builds
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 22:39:19 GMT
Thanks for your prompt response. I have set up distribtionManagement
in pom.xml like this:

<distributionManagement>
     <snapshotRepository>
       <id>internal.repo</id>
       <name>My local Internal Repository of builds</name>
       <url>file:///Users/vivekkapadekar/workspace/deploy/</url>
     </snapshotRepository>
   </distributionManagement>

But I get this error when I run mvn deploy

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.4

check that the following section of the pom.xml is present and correct:

<distributionManagement>
   <!-- use the following if you're not using a snapshot version. -->
   <repository>
     <id>repo</id>
     <name>Repository Name</name>
     <url>scp://host/path/to/repo</url>
   </repository>
   <!-- use the following if you ARE using a snapshot version. -->
   <snapshotRepository>
     <id>repo</id>
     <name>Repository Name</name>
     <url>scp://host/path/to/repo</url>
   </snapshotRepository>
</distributionManagement>

Cause: Class 'org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepository'
cannot be instantiated

On Mar 18, 2010, at 1:06 PM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Viv Kapadekar <vivek@peoplepowerco.com
> > wrote:
>> I am newbie to Continuum and have set up standalone Continuum and
>> it works
>> great with my Maven2 project. I can check historical builds, its
>> results,
>> date etc. I can download the latest build artifacts. But how do I
>> download
>> the historical  build artifacts (wars, jars )?
>
> Continuum does not store old build artifacts.  Since you are using
> Maven 2, you'll probably want to set up an artifact repository such as
> Apache Archiva to store these. (To get started, change the build
> definition to 'clean deploy' and configure distributionManagement in
> your pom.)
>
> You can also try configuring the 'deployment repository' directory if
> it still exists.  I never used it, but based on the log messages it
> always looked like Continuum was trying to deploy to that directory
> even if you didn't have 'deploy' in the maven command.
>
> --
> Wendy

Viv Kapadekar
vivek@peoplepowerco.com