continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to download historical builds
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:10:54 GMT
If you're using the configuration as stated below, each build should use a timestamp and build
number. IT would only overwrite if for some reason you added <uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
to the repository element.

What does your repository look like?

On 19/03/2010, at 10:45 AM, Viv Kapadekar wrote:

> Thanks Brett. Currently I had it as 1.0-SNAPSHOT in the parent pom  but not in module
pom.xml. I made the change  and now its deploying. But every time I run mvn deploy, it overwrites
the previous snapshot build. How can I get a historical builds? I have to generate version
numbers dynamically?

> Thanks
>
> --Viv
> On Mar 18, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
>

>> On 19/03/2010, at 9:39 AM, Viv Kapadekar wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your prompt response. I have set up distribtionManagement in pom.xml
like this:

>>> <distributionManagement>
>>>  <snapshotRepository>
>>>    <id>internal.repo</id>
>>>    <name>My local Internal Repository of builds</name>
>>>    <url>file:///Users/vivekkapadekar/workspace/deploy/</url>
>>>  </snapshotRepository>
>>> </distributionManagement>
>>
>> Note that at some point you'll need <repository> for your release as well (even
if it is the same). If the <version> being deployed does not end in -SNAPSHOT this would
be the problem.