continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Nollenberger, Kurt" <kurt.nollenber...@retirementpartner.com>
Subject Concurrent Build - Setup
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:55:55 GMT
I have two builds that I would like to run concurrently but they run in
sequence.  I have read the online documentation and searched the wiki.
I have been unable to find a way to have these builds run in parallel
rather than sequence.  They run for 2.5 hours each and I'd like them to
run at the same time.  Can someone tell me what I'm missing in the
setup?

These are Shell script executions.  I see them both go into the "Queue :
Current Build" state, but they execute in sequence rather than parallel.

I have the following setup.

1.	Continuum version: 1.3.4
2.	General Configuration

	a.	Number of Allowed Builds in Parallel: 3
	b.	Enable Distributed Builds: unchecked

3.	Project Groups

	a.	Name: Build One, Group ID: com.co.proj1

                                                               i.
Schedule: Schedule One

	b.	Name: Build Two, Group ID: com.co.proj2

                                                               i.
Schedule: Schedule Two

4.	Schedules

	a.	Schedule One

                                                               i.
Used Build Queue

1.       Nightly queue one

	b.	Schedule Two

                                                               i.
Used Build Queue

1.       Nightly queue two

5.	Parallel Build Queue

	a.	DEFAULT_BUILD_QUEUE
	b.	Nightly queue one
	c.	Nightly queue two

The information contained in this message and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged,
private and/or confidential information protected by state and federal law.  Penalties may
be assessed for unauthorized use and/or disclosure.  This message and any attachments are
intended for the designated recipient only.  If you have received this information in error,
please notify the sender immediately and return or destroy the information.

This e-mail transmission and any attachments are believed to have been sent free of any virus
or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened.
It is, however, the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the e-mail transmission and
any attachments are virus free, and the sender accepts no responsibility for any damage that
may in any way arise from their use.