continuum-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: showing status for modules/projects built recursively
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:06:25 GMT

On 26/02/2010, at 10:33 AM, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Brent Atkinson <batkinson@usm.maine.edu> wrote:
>
>> I don't think I'm getting what this is driving at. Is this a question of whether
we'd like to visualize recursive builds more like the default behavior?

> I'm arguing it's working as designed -- you built the parent project,
> you get a status on the parent project.
>
> Some users I work with expected to see the status on the other
> projects in the group, which are technically modules under that
> parent, also change.

I still don't understand what you're saying - actually it almost sounds like a misconfiguration.

Are you using a group with all the modules added as individual projects, or was the project
added using the flag on the add page that results in a single project for the whole tree?

And you're saying that the parent project is set to build recursively or non-recursively (-N)
?

> Perhaps one of them will chime in. :)
>
> [aside:  it is insanely confusing that a "module" in Maven is a
> "project" in Continuum which is different from a "project" in Maven!]

A project in Continuum is the same as a project in Maven. A module in Maven is a name for
a type of Maven project participating in an aggregate build.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org