continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Felczak, John" <jfelc...@edmunds.com>
Subject How to add Maven2 project using Perforce SCM?
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:27:28 GMT
I'm evaluating Apache Continuum as a CI tool as we move increasingly to a maven-dominated development
environment.

Here's version info on what I've got set up:

About Continuum
Version:               1.2.3
Build Number:   732759

Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.6.0_05
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.x86_64" arch: "amd64" Family: "unix"

In trying to set up a Maven 2 project, for the POM URL I use the format from the Maven POM
files (sensitive info replaced with generic tokens fr purposes of this email):

path>/<branch>/pom.xml

I then put in the username and password of a valid perforce user.

In all cases I get back nothing but "The specified resource cannot be accessed. Please try
again later or contact your administrator."

Perforce operations using those same credentials in p4v from my laptop or the p4 command line
client work fine, as do maven builds and releases using those POM URLs both from the command
line and also in our current production BMS (AnthillPro 3).

Is there something special I need to do with the SCM URLs for the POMs so that Continuum will
handle them properly?

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, but after a couple of weeks of searching
I haven't been able to find any.  Also, since I see examples in the archives of Perforce use
cases that clearly have got past this point, has anyone ever documented anywhere how they
got this working with Perforce?

John J. Felczak  | Senior Release Engineer
Edmunds, Inc.