continuum-users mailing list archives

From Peter Janes <continuum.apache....@peterjanes.ca>
Subject Re: How to add Maven2 project using Perforce SCM?
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:41:49 GMT
On 29/01/10 02:27 PM, Felczak, John wrote:
> In trying to set up a Maven 2 project, for the POM URL I use the format from the Maven
POM files (sensitive info replaced with generic tokens fr purposes of this email):

path>/<branch>/pom.xml

> I then put in the username and password of a valid perforce user.
>
> In all cases I get back nothing but "The specified resource cannot be accessed. Please
try again later or contact your administrator."

> Perforce operations using those same credentials in p4v from my laptop or the p4 command
line client work fine, as do maven builds and releases using those POM URLs both from the
command line and also in our current production BMS (AnthillPro 3).

> Is there something special I need to do with the SCM URLs for the POMs so that Continuum
will handle them properly?

I don't believe it's possible to use SCM URLs to create a project.  Instead
you have to provide an HTTP(s) URL---p4web is handy for this---or upload the
POM file.  You'll still have to include the username/password so that
Continuum will be able to retrieve updates once the project has been created.

Also, note that your POMs' <scm> elements *do* need to use SCM URLs.

--
Sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective.
   --J. Michael Straczynski