continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build queues.
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:31:51 GMT
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Butch Slayer <butch.slayers@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a single project of which I need to build three different targets. So
> I did the following:
> I made one project and put three build definitions in. Scheduled at
> different times, using different schedules works fine. But I would like to
> run all three build definition simultaneous. I tried to do this using queues
> but did not succeed. Can anyone help me out please?
>
> I am using a shell project.

What version of Continuum are you using?

Just on the surface, I don't think it's going to let you do
simultaneous builds from the same working copy.

They would step on each other, trying to delete and write the same
files -- or at least that's the assumption, based on the typical 'mvn
clean install' build which first deletes the 'target' directory, then
re-creates it and writes files there.

Your shell project may not actually have that limitation, but I think
it's built in.  Someone more familiar with the code would need to
confirm.

You'll probably have to add the project three times so there are
different working copies, possibly in three different project groups
(it might complain about duplicates otherwise, not sure how that works
with shell projects.)

--
Wendy