continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YOHO, anybody out there? RE: A lock could not be obtained within the time requested
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:23:24 GMT
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Engebakken Geir
<geir.engebakken@edb.com> wrote:
> There are some 500 build results in the list, I guess this is what halts the delete so
there is a timeout, but I have to mark each one of them for deletion?

> I deleted 32 of them, and it took 5 minutes!
>
> There must be a way to set this up so that they are deleted manually each night, now
where is the manual, oops doesn't exist ...

I think you said 1.2.2, so the docs are here...
http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.2.2/

In 1.3.x there is a build output purge feature but it only deletes the
output directories, not the database records.  The idea was that you
need to keep them around for statistics.  I think there's a JIRA issue
open to change this, you can watch/vote for it.

I vaguely remember a utility to automate deleting old build results,
you might find it in the list archives.

Maybe you can use Selenium to automate deleting them through the web interface?

--
Wendy